Sunday, November 02, 2008

BTD Chandelier Challenge: Wesley Willis


Click on image for larger view

Design by Wesley Willis

"Swedish Ice"
As the title suggests, I chose the Ice Branch chandelier. For the room, I wanted to mix in what you would find in a Stockholm apartment (the hardwood flooring and the faux fur rug) with touches of ultramodernism (the Mars chair and the sofa bed). I chose to do both a wall color and a ceiling color (both grays) in order to capture what I imagine to be the colors of pure ice (wall color) and a melting icicle in the midnight sky (ceiling color). In creating this space, I imagined the long light fixture (Item #7 in Furnishings) as the vapors rising from the "dry" ice. I imagine this room being in a swanky loft or penthouse overlooking the city skyline. I do feel that this room is me because I love to travel and I love ultramodernism.

About Wesley: I'm 22 years of age, I was born, raised and am still living in Boaz, AL, and I'm a full-time college student, but I also help out with my father's catering business.

Click here to return to Blogging Top Design and to comment.