Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Elle Decor Party (cont.)

Next up, I talked to carpenter Ed Schoen. He was so funny. I wished we could’ve seen more of his personality on screen. I asked him if his thumb healed up OK. He said, “Here, see it for yourself.” Oh by the way, congratulations on your win, Ed.

I then moseyed on back to where Goil was standing. He was talking to Sarah Miller and Blair Toland (Goil and Andrea’s carpenters). They were both so sweet and so fabulous. Blair is a person I really look up to. My aching neck is proof of that.

Well, speaking of fabulous, I finally got a chance to meet Tom & Lorenzo, the gayboys from Project: Rungay, Project: Gay, and Project: Top Design. I don’t know if they want people to know this but they really are sweethearts. They’ve always been supportive of me and, of course, the blogs. Love them!


The camera flashes started to pop away. There they were, the final two: Matt Lorenz and Carisa Perez-Fuentes, posing with Elle Décor’s editor-in-chief, Margaret Russell.


All eyes were on Margaret though. She looked so stunning in that little red dress. She just took my breath away.

You know, I never realized how tiny she was. She's probably like 5'4" without heels. But, even though she’s petite in stature, she sure knows how to command attention.

Now I know why Kelly Wearstler (who I’m sure is quite a looker herself) felt the need to “play up” her hair and clothes. I would too if I had to stand next to Margaret!

Well, Margaret gave me the once-over and said, “I know who you are. You turned me into Catwoman.” “Out of love, Margaret. Out of love,” I replied.

I also got to meet Andy Cohen, Bravo’s Sr. VP of Programming, and his dazzling smile. He said he L-O-V-E-S BPR/BTD. He’s still laughing at our April Fool’s joke on BPR. He said, “Make sure you check out Shear Genius. I think you’ll like it.” Sure thing, Andy.

Oh, did I mention Top Design winner, Matt Lorenz, was there? Congratulations, Farrah.


It was such a whirlwind of a night. Everything is still a blur to me. I didn’t even get a chance to say hi to Lisa, John and Carisa. Ryan Humphrey, Heather Ashton and Elizabeth Moore didn't make it to the party. And, Kelly Wearstler and Jonathan Adler were also no-shows. But Queer Eye Ted Allen and the beautiful actress Jane Seymour made a big splash.

Coming up next, the finale viewing party at Laura Bennett’s house…

Click here to comment.