Thursday, April 12, 2007

Here's Heather! (cont.)

And just for fun, did anyone else get a Freaky Friday vibe from Matt and Carisa? Matt was way more mouthy and Carisa showed her softer side. One of the cooler twists in the final episode. I also gained a greater understanding of the Carisa/Carl dynamic. It would actually be my dream to have the freedom to be completely direct in relating to coworkers and still end the day over beers and jokes, I would save so much time! I have decided I am truly jealous of Carisa and Carl’s candid interaction. Theirs is the kind of work relationship that really makes me miss New York.

Wished Matt would have given me a tad more drama with the win. I’m going to guess he was so busy plotting his next move he didn’t have the head space to be a dork. Let me tell you, I would have been the most ridiculous pageant girl you ever saw get a crown if that had been me. But I guess that would debunk the mystique of the confident, reserved Designer. How cool would that have been?

I was so proud to have been a part of this production after watching the finale. The level of creative talent, attention to detail and sheer stamina across the board was rare in 12 very different individuals. The simple opportunity to be introduced to the level of influence offered by Margaret Russell and Elle Décor was more than any of the cast could have attained on our own at the current levels of our career. And as self-made design stars, Kelly and Jonathan had the experience of their own personal career ups and downs to support their critiques which made them much easier to take. I can’t even to start on all the nice things I want to say about Todd. I was a huge fan before the show and a bigger one now. Finally, the biggest weakness of Season One of Top Design is that the cast all got along. Great for me, bad for reality TV. Or maybe good? Only Season Two can tell.


Here's Heather TOP Awards


Catch Phrase: This is not TOP CARL. It’s TOP DESIGN!
Room: Matt’s Hotel Suite
Kelly Hairdo: Crimped
Jonathan – Jewish or Southern: Jewish
Margaret Moment: Calling out Ryan
Insider Moment: Still under contract...safe bet =Doc the bouncer
Guest Judge: I still love Alexis Arquette…but she better watch her back!
Andrea high five: Carisa’s choice of dining room furniture in the final
Most Quotable Goil: See Entertainment Weekly (the R2D2 one)
Most Improved: Michael! Baby, you can paint now!
Most under used Genius “character”: Erik…soooooo funny!
Coolest Side Project: Elizabeth’s jewelry
Best Dressed Painter: Felicia (duh!)
Fastest Comebacks: Ryan
Biggest Character: John
Most Maligned: Lisa (takes 2 to build a Chinese bed)
Most ubiquitous “latered”: ME!

Thanks again to everyone at Blogging Top Design! Scarlett for the motherly support, Laura K for the enthusiasm, Phaolo for the freaking most hilarious posts ever and most of all to Tbone, for being my editor and confidant. Thanks for giving me a voice…cause it’s loud and I like to use it!

Xo
Heather

PS Big thanks to Nora and the PR dept at Bravo. Without her blessing, Here’s Heather would have never happened.


Thanks to you Heather on behalf of all of the team at BTD and our readers. Your insights were the highlight of Top Design for us all season!

You can always visit Heather at her MySpace site to keep up with her latest happenings and send her some love.

Click here to comment.